Future Business Leaders of America District 6 Leadership Competition was held on Friday, Feb. 19, 2021. Three hundred thirty-six students from 20 schools competed in the competition, including students from Battle High School, Columbia Area Career Center, Hickman High School and Rock Bridge High School. The CPS FBLA teacher advisers are Jeff Cochran, Kristi Deneke, Leah Johnson, Sandy Morrow, Crystal Oetting and Sawyer Wade.
The following students placed first in their performance event or placed in the top five for their objective test event at the district level qualify them to advance to compete at the Missouri FBLA Virtual State Leadership Competition on April 11-13, 2021.
Battle High School
- 1st Business Ethics – Savannah Bridgeford
Columbia Area Career Center and Rock Bridge High School
- 1st Advertising -Maggie Lin
- 1st Banking & Financial Systems – Mason Cohen
- 1st Graphic Design – Addison Gish, Carmen Marr & Abby Thompson
- 1st Journalism – Emma Hake
- 1st Marketing – Mason Cohen & Gloria Nishimwe
- 1st Public Service Announcement – Tia Rawat
- 1st Publication Design – Addison Gish, Carmen Marr & Abby Thompson
- 2nd Business Calculations – Maggie Lin
- 2nd Computer Problem Solving – Zihao Zhou
- 2nd Economics – Zihao Zhou
- 2nd Digital Video Production – Tia Rawat
- 3rd Computer Problem Solving – Carmen Marr
- 3rd Business Ethics – Riya Amin & Gloria Nishimwe
- 4th Advertising – Abby Thompson
- 4th Business Calculation -Campbell Deneke
- 4th Personal Finance – Campbell Deneke
- 5th Business Communication – Maggie Lin
Hickman High School
- 1st Business Law – Ajith Chandrasekhar
- 1st Digital Video Production – Liam Hogan & Ethan Jones
- 1st Entrepreneurship – Ajith Chandrasekhar
- 1st Intro to Public Speaking – Ajith Chandrasekhar
- 1st Introduction to Business Presentation – Hannah Childs & Hannah Tsai
- 1st Introduction to Business Procedures – Hannah Childs
- 2nd Intro to FBLA – Ta’Laija Smith
- 2nd Graphic Design – Christina Sherman
- 4th Introduction to Business Procedures – Hannah Tsai
- 4th Website Design – Alexis Bilderback, Ethan Jones & Liam Hogan
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. (FBLA-PBL) is the world’s largest career student business organization. Each year, FBLA-PBL helps more than 230,000 members prepare for careers in business.
CACC is a part of CPS and serves the community by providing the following education programs to various ages, including, but not limited to, career and technical education, college preparation, personal enrichment, literacy advancement and workforce development. The vision is to be a national leader in career and technical education. For more information, visit our website at www.career-center.org.
As a district accredited with distinction by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Columbia Public Schools reflects the community. The vision is to be the best school district in the state, and the mission is to provide an excellent education for all students—from preschool to adult education.